Skip to main content

Radiator & Intercooler Mounting Brackets

This afternoons minor task was finishing mounting the radiator and intercooler. The bottom radiator mount has already been done http://mearcat.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/radiator-and-intercooler-fitting.html however I changed my mind in regards to the upper radiator mount and chose to mount a bracket to the top of radiator instead of the side.

A simple (slightly bent) bracket with a rubber grommet was used to isolate any vibrations. Two blind nuts were also welded on underneath for bolting through the slam panel. I like to used blind nuts where possible as it's just easier to bolt things together!



The intercooler also used grommets for vibration isolation and I used grommets on both parts of the bracket and the bolts were not torqued up much. The two parts of the bracket are not perfectly parallel - this is on purpose as I had to angle the intercooler slightly to clear the turbo outlet pipe.



Comments