Skip to main content

Valve cover off for a quick inspection

I have had notification that the shell will be another 4-5 weeks until it's had all the repairs and deseaming completed. So while was a little bored last night I was curious to see whether there was any oil contaminents or sludge in the camshaft area so pulled off the valve cover. The company I bought the front cut through said that the engine was is very good condition but I wanted to see if there was any nasties hiding about (I'll pull off the sump at a later date too)

I was pleasantly surprised to find it being extremely clean with very minimal carbon build up, no sludge. It was all very clean and for an engine that has done 135,000km, it's been very well maintained and regularly serviced.

As a comparison, here is a pic I found on a forum, of another engine with similar kms and has lots of build up around the camshafts & valves.

Comments